directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should we do with apacheds-server-tools ?
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:57:29 GMT
On 6/7/10 10:30 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> +1.
>
> I would add that with the removal of the server.xml file and the future changes in the
InstallationLayout of ApacheDS, the current implementation of the Server Tools will be completely
irrelevant and outdated.

> What about starting a complete re-vamp of these tools for the 2.0 release (2.0.0 RC1
may been ship without them but 2.0 final should be shipped with them) ?

I see that Sumit Goyal has started to work on some replacement for the
old LDAP tools we had once upon a time (

(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-9)

Let's see what it brings, then we can probably extend those toos a bit.

No urgence right now, et's first release 2.0-RC1.

But the idea is there.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,