directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadocs / Header / Svn tags
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 10:22:12 GMT
On 6/6/10 11:40 AM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> In Coding standards [1] we say that we don't want to have names in the
> hader. I agree, but IMO wouldn't it be nice to no ate least how old the
> code is? I suggest to a a seconed line indication the revision and the
> date of the last commit (some files already have this header) -->
>
> @author<a href="mailto:dev@directory.apache.org">Apache Directory
> Project</a>
> @version $Rev: 951845 $, $Date: 2010-06-06 11:13:46 +0200 (Sun, 06 Jun
> 2010) $
>
> Any objections?

No need for that IMO. Such information is already present on the web, if
needed :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/shared/trunk/asn1/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/asn1/AbstractAsn1Object.java?view=log

Why pollute the headers with such redondant informations ?

I mean, this is really only useful to developper, and even on any decent
IDE, you can ask for the file history with the name of the last
modified, the last modification date, the log etc...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,