directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r947413 - in /directory/shared/trunk/ldap: pom.xml src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/LdapTransformer.java
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:48:51 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Hi Pierre-Arnaud
>
>> I'm currently reviewing the dependency tree of each project in Apache DS.
>
>> When generating the installers I've found a lot of new dependencies (since the last
release) in the generated lib folder, and especially this one: findbugs:annotations.

>> Are you sure of the scope of this dependency?
>
> Thanks for heads up!
>
> No. I thought it wouldn't be taken when having scope "compile".... It's
> used to avoid false positives when generating the findbugs reports.
> "provided" seems to be the better solution.

The problem with "provided" is now that the build fails with Java5 [1].

Seems like the dependent modules have problems when the annotation class
is missing.

As a workaround I added the findbugs annotations dependency with scope
"provided" to each the shared, apacheds, and ldap-api parent pom. Any
other idea?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1]http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResult.action?buildId=346851&projectGroupId=139&projectId=2675&projectName=ApacheDS+1.5+Build+With+Dependencies