directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code is never executed
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:00:39 GMT
On 6/4/10 4:40 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> On 06/04/10 16:32, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> On 6/4/10 4:14 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:
>>
>>> This will always match for the else clause - we now the attributeType is
>>> null (line 1469). Probably dead code?
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~felixk/shared-docs/xref/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/entry/DefaultEntryAttribute.html#1475
>>>

>> Dohhh ! Good catch again :)
>>
> Well, is it dead code now?

I guess so.

>> I will soon think that code reviews should be mandatory :)
>>
> The tools are already doing this for us. I just seem to be the one ATM (
> ... as I have still not much knowledge of the code ...) looking at the
> reports which are generated.

I *do* look at the reports, but not as frenquently as you do. Probably
because I consider that we have many other serious issues to fix in the
server, and I wrongly assume that they are more important than the one
you are pointing out.

The key is : there is nothing such as frivolous errors. An error is an
error, and has to be fixed.

So keep going, and trust me, those reports are really important, or all
of us.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,