directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Move classes of module core-mock to src/test/java of core-api
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 13:05:10 GMT
On 6/4/10 2:53 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

>>> Yes, this would solve the problem.
>>>
>>> Another option that also works: as the mocks are only used by the LDIF
>>> partition tests we can also move them to src/test/java of
>>> ldif-partition. I think that's the better option.
>>>

>> What if we want to use those mocks in another module in the near (or not
>> so near) future ?
>>
>> Wouldn't it be better to just let the mock be accessible by moving them
>> in core-api?
>>
>> (playing devil's advocate here...)
>>
> Should I bring another option into the game: Using a mock framework like
>   EaseMock or Mockito?

If it works, then totally +1
> Let's keep it simple. It isn't a big difference to move them to core-api
> or ldif-partition. The latter option is just a bit simpler to solve the
> current problem. But I agree with you, moving them to core-api makes it
> easier to reuse the mocks.

Here, I would say it's up to you. No need to spend more time on
discussing on the mailing list about the pros and cons ad nauseam, it's
not changing the way the server works :)

As soon as we know what are our options, and as it's now just a choice
to make, then let's go for what you think is the best.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,