directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Move classes of module core-mock to src/test/java of core-api
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:53:53 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> On 6/4/10 2:01 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>>
>>> So where should we put the mocks ? Core-API as you suggested ? (IMO, if
>>> that solve the problem, then +1)
>>>
>> Yes, this would solve the problem.
>>
>> Another option that also works: as the mocks are only used by the LDIF
>> partition tests we can also move them to src/test/java of
>> ldif-partition. I think that's the better option.
>>

> What if we want to use those mocks in another module in the near (or not
> so near) future ?
>
> Wouldn't it be better to just let the mock be accessible by moving them
> in core-api?
>
> (playing devil's advocate here...)

Should I bring another option into the game: Using a mock framework like
 EaseMock or Mockito?

Let's keep it simple. It isn't a big difference to move them to core-api
or ldif-partition. The latter option is just a bit simpler to solve the
current problem. But I agree with you, moving them to core-api makes it
easier to reuse the mocks.

Kind Regards,
Stefan