directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Move classes of module core-mock to src/test/java of core-api
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:03:09 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> On 6/3/10 11:04 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> Hi dev,
>>
>> the core-mock module includes some mock implementations of ApacheDS
>> core-api classes (CoreSession, DirectoryService, etc.). It is only used
>> as test dependency in ldif-partition.
>>
>> To get rid of the core-mock module I'd like to suggest to move those
>> classes to src/test/java in core-api. To be able to use the test classes
>> outside of the core-api module we just need to deploy the test jar of
>> core-api. The using module then needs to specify a dependency with
>> classifier "tests", see [1] for details.
>>
> We also had a discussion with Pierre-Arnaud about those unit tests. Once
> upon a time, we have had some core-unti and server-unit modules. They
> have been renamed core-intger and server-integ. So far, so good, but we
> still have another module called apacheds-test-framework.
>
> We do think that the classes we have in core/server-integ - I mean, the
> classes in java/main, not the tests - should be moved to
> apacheds-test-framework.
>
> That being said, we could also move the core-mock into this
> apacheds-test-framework module.
>
> Does it make sense ?

I'm afraid that won't be possible because this would cause cyclic
dependencies.

The integ tests and the test framework start up a real directory service
with real partitions, including an LDIF based config and schema
partition, so they depend on the ldif-partition.

The mocks are used because we can't start a real directory service in
ldif-partion module for unit tests.

But we can run the integration tests against the LDIF partition.

Kind Regards,
Stefan