directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Move classes of module core-mock to src/test/java of core-api
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:38:18 GMT
On 6/3/10 11:04 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi dev,
>
> the core-mock module includes some mock implementations of ApacheDS
> core-api classes (CoreSession, DirectoryService, etc.). It is only used
> as test dependency in ldif-partition.
>
> To get rid of the core-mock module I'd like to suggest to move those
> classes to src/test/java in core-api. To be able to use the test classes
> outside of the core-api module we just need to deploy the test jar of
> core-api. The using module then needs to specify a dependency with
> classifier "tests", see [1] for details.

We also had a discussion with Pierre-Arnaud about those unit tests. Once
upon a time, we have had some core-unti and server-unit modules. They
have been renamed core-intger and server-integ. So far, so good, but we
still have another module called apacheds-test-framework.

We do think that the classes we have in core/server-integ - I mean, the
classes in java/main, not the tests - should be moved to
apacheds-test-framework.

That being said, we could also move the core-mock into this
apacheds-test-framework module.

Does it make sense ?

--
Regards,