directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CachingNormalizer - where does it caches?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:36:15 GMT
On 6/3/10 7:08 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> The constructor accepts a cachesize which is never used. Apart of this I
> really can't see, where the caching happens.
>
> Any ideas?

Ok, in real world, this cache is just useless. I mean, it's a good idea
to think about having a cache, but it has to be implemented correctly,
which is not the case here.

The discussions we had a while back about the caches (and there is a
JIRA about it) demonstrated that we need a global cache, based on some
global system like JCS (apache commons-jcs). It should be linked to the
DirectryService, and mus not be a singleton.

Right now, the cache we have are associated with instances of the
interceptors, so they are not shared. They are just valid during an user
session, AFAICT. Not efficient... (I would ask you to take this with
cautious, I may be wrong).

--
Regards,
Cordialement,