directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <>
Subject Re: Writing docos : howto ?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:48:33 GMT

On 06/01/10 19:05, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
> if we are considering switching back to docbook in place of confluence
> for our user guid, here is an interesting post :
> This guy is using xmlmind which seems to be more convenient than a
> simple text editor when it comes to edit XML documents ...

Openoffice 3.2 seems also able to export documents as docbook xml (Save
as ...) as the header of a save document shows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE article
  PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"

But another question which ish IMO also important is how the site can be
updated. Using confluence now it's easy - just change it in confluence
and the site is updated within x minutes. Is this still wanted? And if
so how it can be done?
Does a committer after updating the docs in svn needs to generate and
deploy the site himself? Or is it done by the CI server (which seems to
work not very stable)?

Version: GnuPG v2.0.15 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

View raw message