directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Improvement proposal for Studio's Maven build
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:31:29 GMT
Ooops...

Sorry Felix.

A wrong dependency was set (I probably had this dependency in maven repository before, because
when I dropped the repo, the error appeared).

You should be able to pass this step, now.

FYI, using '-Prelease' on a non Mac OS X machine fails at the moment, because the build of
the module 'Mac OS X DMG' is dependent on a command line utility that only exists on Mac.
I need to find a way to make this pass on any platform. Probably by creating a "fake" package
on un-supported systems.

It will the same thing with the 'Windows Installer Exe' module, if you don't have the 'makensis'
command-line utility installed.
I will try to find and give you the link to a webpage which describes the way to compile and
install this utility.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 10 juin 2010, at 20:38, Felix Knecht wrote:

> On 06/10/10 20:35, Felix Knecht wrote:
>>> I tried to improve the way we generate distributions to reduce the amount of
tasks (and time) still done by hand when releasing a new version of Studio.
>>> I'm tired of wasting almost a full day when a new version needs to be released...
>>
>> Good job.
>>

>>> I'd like to know what you think about it, if you could test it, and if we can
considering switching to this new build on trunk.