+1

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
Hi dev,

we have a very deep dependency hierarchy within apacheds:

jdbm-partition            has dependency to
|- xdbm-search            has dependency to
  |- jdbm-store          has test dependency to
     |- core-avl         has dependency to
        |- xdbm-base     has dependency to
           |- core-api   has dependency to

As far as I know xdbm has been spitted into two separate modules to
decouple it from jdbm but keep the search engine (xdbm-search) testable
using jdbm-store, which is an implementation of xdbm-base.

Today we have another store implementation, the in-memory AVL store.
This would make it possible to merge xdbm-base and xdbm-search again. A
requirement is to move the AVL store classes from avl-partition to xdbm
and use the AVL store for testing the XDBM search engine.

The resulting dependency tree then would look like this:

jdbm-partition
|- jdbm-store
  |- xdbm (merged xdbm-search and xdbm-base plus AVL store classes)
     |- core-avl
     |- core-api

IMO this step brings lot of advantages: Less modules. Less dependencies.
XDBM gets completely decoupled from JDBM.

Thoughts?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

P.S. A further step is to merge jdbm-store into jdbm-partition and maybe
core-avl into core-api.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org