Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 4:10 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I did my best to cleanup DIR, shared and a bit of API tonite, there are still some of the associated issue to discuss about.

Regarding DIRSERVER, we have 140 opened issues on 2.0.0-RC1, for 33 fixed. We also have 2 fixed issues for 1.5.8. We also have 71 opened issues tagged for 2.0.0.

What about removing the 1.5.8 version, merge all the 2.0.0 issues into 2.0.0-RC1, and move the poms version to 2.0.0-RC1?


Not that I want to push the issue but did we agree to using RCs. I did not get a response to the emails suggesting we just use major.minor.micro version numbers.  If you guys agree to this basic approach then we should just skip 1.5.8 and push all issues to 2.0.0.
 
Same question for shared, which is currently on 0.9.19, with a 1.0.0-RC1 pending : should we get rid of 0.9.20 ?


Same logic here as above. Do away with 0.9.20 and push all issues to 1.0.0.  BTW this means locking down our API in shared which might make life harder for us since both the server and studio depend on this.  Just means we need to take care of deprecations etc.
 
In any case, we have a hell lot of issues to address. I wil try to do a bug report tomorrow and post it to the ML.

 
Thanks Emmanuel!!!

--
Alex Karasulu
My Blog :: http://www.jroller.com/akarasulu/
Apache Directory Server :: http://directory.apache.org
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org
To set up a meeting with me: http://tungle.me/AlexKarasulu