You guys talking about setting up a Maven profile that makes it so the Client API switches the underlying implementation (provider) from using CoreSession to using network access? Also this is only with respect to performance tests I take it correct?

Firstly I think it is important to generate Java reports so we see how long the tests take and perhaps run multiple passes on the same test using different providers.  This should all be done in a Performance profile so it does not chew up the build and take too much time.

Then when the tests run in both CoreSession mode and in Network mode you just generate the test java documentation output in the form of test reports as Maven does well and we can see all the statistics on performance this way.

The only problem with this is how do we make it so the same test runs with different providers.  I guess we can have a CorePeformance profile and a NetworkPerformance profile.  Don't know what the best option is here.

Sorry about the top post.

Regards,
Alex

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote: