directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBM 2.0
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 05:57:21 GMT
Hi Jan,

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Jan Kotek <opencoeli@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using JDBM in my project and I decided to revive it. So I am
> working on JDBM 2.0 which will have:
>  * generics
>  * view over BTree as SortedMap
>  * secondary indexes
>  * triggers on CRUD operations.
>  * in future new store which will use GAE or Valdemord as backend
> Most of 2.0 code is actually already written, now I am working on
> samples and javadoc.
>
> Would like to know what exactly happened to JDBM (jdbm.sourceforge.com).
> It seems to be unmaintained for several years and there are dozens
> forks (including yours).
> Is Apache-DS still using it? Did you made big modifications since JDBM
> 1.0? Did you made bugfixes?
>
> I have troubles contacting original authors. So I will probably just
> start new JDBM2 project on Google code.
>
> Regards,
> Jan Kotek

This sounds excellent. I am running out but would love to speak to you more
about your inquiries. Also we are very interested in your work since we
depend on JDBM heavily.  We as well were going to rewrite it with a JDBM 2
but we have just made some trivial modifications now to fix bugs and make it
better suitable for our needs.

Will come back at ya in a little bit. BTW my skype name is akarasulu if
you'd like to ping me there - while on the road i can chat/talk via skype if
you like.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org