directory-dev mailing list archives

From Snake <>
Subject [ApacheDS] Help needed with home-compiled apacheDS
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 17:14:18 GMT

First off, I want to congratulate all the people involved in this
project. I also want to mention that my first language is not english,
so I apologize if the following seems confusing. I also apologize if
I'm using the wrong mailing list to ask for help on the following

I have downloads the source code for ApacheDS from the subversion
repository, and I managed to compile it with maven. I also was able to
launch it and connect to it using apache directory studio, using the
script located at
./apache-trunk/installers/apacheds-noarch/ I get a lot of
warining and errors while launching, but I can get the job done.

However, I don't know how to supply the application with the
server.xml file. There are several server.xml files in the
./apache-trunk/installers/ directory, but i don't know which of them
to use. I also believe that I might have to edit the
./apache-trunk/installers/apacheds-noarch/ script in order
to specify the path for server.xml, but I don't know what parameters
to use.

I would really appreciate if someone could show me how to do this. I'm
trying to perform throughput tests with apacheDS's kerberos service
that I need to include in a computer science article that I'm writing,
which in turn may affect my Master's degree evaluation. Thanks in
advance to anyone who might reply to this.

View raw message