directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: LDAP diagnostic tool - GSoC 2010
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 16:42:03 GMT
Hi Keheliya,

Sorry for not being able to answer your mail sooner but I was on holidays with no Internet
connection these last days.

Hopefully my fellow peeps have well guided you for your architecture diagram and the next
steps with the creation of a "mini LDAP server".

On the diagram side, I agree with all Stefan and Emmanuel comments.

On IRC, you said that you didn't succeed yet on building such the "mini LDAP Server", can
you be more specific and indicate what you already accomplished and where you got stuck.

Like Stefan, I'm no expert in that part of the code (I'm more a GUI guy) but I'll look into
it while waiting for your answer and I'm pretty sure the server-side experts (Emmanuel, Kiran,
Alex) will be able to guide you in the right direction.
The good news is that we already have all the code to deal with received/decoding as well
as sending/encoding LDAP Protocol messages, so it's just a matter of adding a bit of glue
on the appropriate parts of the code.
The solution may not be in the LdapServer class itself but "hidden" in the other classes behind
this one.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 21 mai 2010, at 06:45, Keheliya Gallaba wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have come up with an architecture diagram [1], with the help of Seelmann, for the LDAP
diagnostic tool explaining the functionality of the core. I thought of implementing the initial
phase with JNDI and moving to the new client API later. Please send your suggestions for this
approach, and about the existing code components I can reuse, from Directory Studio.