directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Modify operation improvements
Date Sun, 30 May 2010 23:16:32 GMT
Hi guys,

this week-end, I spent some time on cleanup up the modify() operation 
(after having cleaned up the search, add and delete operations). The 
main issue was that we were doing a hell lot of lookups in the backend, 
something we could have spared.

I removed all those lookups, and it resulted to a 40% speed improvement 
in a simple modification operation (an attribute value being replaced). 
We can now process around 2000 modify per second.

-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.nextury.com



Mime
View raw message