directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Checkstyle report
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 07:53:34 GMT
Hi !

looking at shared checkstyle report this morning, I'm afraid that we
need to tune the configuration. shared-ldap contains more than 84000
violations, most of them being about { and } position and trailing spaces.

We can get rid of those useless warnings by tuning our checkstyle
config, using our own configuration, assuming we are not following Sun's
rules. I saw that there are existing config files available here :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-checkstyle-plugin/src/main/resources/config/?pathrev=657536

It would be interesting to have our own parameters for the following
elements :
ParenPad (38765 errors)
RegexpSingleline (12689 errors) (this is about trailing spaces)
LeftCurly (9104 errors)
LineLength (6489 errors) -> set it to 128
MagicNumber (3512 errors) -> remove simple numbers like 1, 2 etc
FinalParameters (2746 errors)
DesignForExtension (2134 errors)
RightCurly (1388 errors)

Doing so, we will have 6360 errors remaining, out of which half are
Javadoc errors.
thoughts ?

--
Regards,