directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject MRU in JDBM
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 11:47:38 GMT
Hi guys,

going deeper into the JDBM code, I'm currently reviewing the MRU class
used into the CacheRecordManager. It has a few flaw I think we should
correct (not that the code is wrong, but it can be sanitized. Here are
the suggested fixes :
- it internally uses a Hashtable, a data structure considered as legacy.
One first option would be to use a Map instead (not synchronized, less
potential contention)
- it has a elements() method which returns an Enumeration on top of all
the elements in the cache, used by the CacheRecordManager to determinate
which element is dirty.
- it's not synchronized (however, the underlying storage is)

Otherwise, it's strictly a MRU where each updated element is moved to
the top of the list, the oldest one being evicted. Some listeners can be
called in this case.

Here, we may want to either use an external library (ehcache which is
using an ASL 2.0 license?) Any other idea ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,