directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Never ending tests
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 18:53:48 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
>> Can you create a thread dump to see where it hangs?
>
> If you can tell me how to do this? I have to processes still running.

The Sun JVM has a bin/jstack tool, not sure about JRockit.

jstack <PID>
where PID is the surefire booter process.

> In jconsole I could find following in one of the 2 surefirebooter
> processes. Does this helps you?

yep. thanks.

> Name: main
> State: RUNNABLE
> Total blocked: 2,898  Total waited: 4,018
>
> Stack trace:
> java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
> java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:293)
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readV3Record(InputRecord.java:405)
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:360)
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:789)
>    - locked java.lang.Object@3dec90c3
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.waitForClose(SSLSocketImpl.java:1467)
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.closeInternal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1419)
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.close(SSLSocketImpl.java:1313)
> com.sun.jndi.ldap.ext.StartTlsResponseImpl.close(StartTlsResponseImpl.java:267)
> org.apache.directory.server.ssl.StartTlsIT.testStartTls(StartTlsIT.java:242)

The StartTlsIT test again. Man, on line 242 the test was already
successful, it just needs to close() the response.

I recently modified this test and added a custom SSLSocketFactory. Not
sure if that's the problem. Which JVM are you using?

>> The TEST-org.apache.directory.server.suites.StockServerISuite.xml file
>> in server-integ/target/surefire-reports/ should also tell you the
>> progress of the test.
>
> StockServerISuite.txt exists, is empty
> StockServerISuite.xml doesn't exists

Ok, seems the xml is written after the test.