directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: Never ending tests
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 16:58:31 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Trying to update the genreated reports I startet the process at 13 CEST.
> It's still running (17:54 CEST), I have still java processes running and
> the log says:
>  T E S T S
> Running
> Using partition factory JdbmPartitionFactory

Can you create a thread dump to see where it hangs?

The file
in server-integ/target/surefire-reports/ should also tell you the
progress of the test.

I'm also a bit unhappy to not see the progress directly in the console.
The usage of a single suite saves some time because less directory
server instances needs to be started/stopped. When running the tests on
their own without the suite the build takes approx. 30 seconds longer.
But maybe it is not worth?

> Having a look at the CI log we can also see still running builds. Is
> there a way to force the test to stop after running x minutes? I think
> it could be hard trying to find the culprit by debbuging ....

Seems to be possible [1].

King Regards,

View raw message