directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP diagnostic tool - GSoC 2010
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 07:18:17 GMT
On 5/21/10 6:45 AM, Keheliya Gallaba wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have come up with an architecture diagram [1], with the help of Seelmann,
> for the LDAP diagnostic tool explaining the functionality of the core. I
> thought of implementing the initial phase with JNDI and moving to the new
> client API later. Please send your suggestions for this approach, and about
> the existing code components I can reuse, from Directory Studio.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/dirstudio-ldap-proxy/wiki/ArchitectureDiagram
>
> Thanks,

Looks good. Some hints :
- The Ldap message Extractor should be completed with a session manager
layer, if you want to be able to track one user specifically.
- This proxy should work for any LDAP server not only for ADS

Otherwise, I would rather use the new API instead of JNDI : it will be
easy, and more accurate. If it leads to some modifications on the API,
that would also benefit this part of the server. "Eat your own food"

--
Regards,
Cordialement,