directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: Heads up about what's going on
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 06:08:28 GMT
Felix Knecht schrieb:
> Thanks for heads up as well.
>> (Just one thing, Felix : it would be more than appreciated if you could
>> run the full test suite before committing, as some parts of the code is
>> not necessarily as easy to fix as it seems. I'm not blaming you for
>> that, I'm just trying to get the process to run more smoothly.)
> I thought that "mvn clean install -Dintegration" will do this (and I try

That is the right command.

Just a side note: the "integration" property is only used in the
syncrepl module to activate the integration tests profile. In core-integ
and server-integ the integration tests are activated by default. I'll
drop another mail about how to make this more consistent.

> to run it before I commit the stuff, maybe I missed it on the latest
> commit, sorry). And as I know not being fully fit on the code I really
> try to run the tests before doing the commit - and they passed for
> shared as wellas for apacheds. Is there a must using SunJDK instead
> JRokit or did I got the wrong command for running all the tests? Or is

IMO it is a good thing to run the test with different VMs.

> the test of apacheds also mandatory when doing any changes in shared? It
> took for apacheds about 7 minutes 20 seconds - is this long enough?

Yes, as apacheds heavily depends on shared. Additionally the LDAP API
depends on shared. I'd recommend to checkout trunk-with-dependencies [A]
as it includes all. On my laptop it takes 11 minutes 30 secons to build

> Some of the equals methods are still breaking the contract of symmetric,
> transitive [1] because of using reference comparison for collections
> [2], e.g. [3]. Is this wanted (there are more such cases).
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]

Let me respond to you original mail.