directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Equals and HashCode
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 21:10:12 GMT
On 5/16/10 10:52 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> The code seems to be the same like in the implementations of Apache
> Commons-Lang Version 2.1.
>
> If nobody objects I'll drop the shared class and use the from the
> commons-lang project (it's anyway already a dependency)

Do that.

The reason why the code is duplicated from commons-lang was that Alex
wanted to limit the dependencies to external jars as much as possible at
the beginning of the project, as it was intended to be embedded. So he
simply copied chunks of code from those projects into ADS.

Now that we have tens of dependencies, this is a lost battle anyway,
better benefit from the bug fixes applied to those dependencies !

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,