directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is this Exception catch really wanted?
Date Sat, 15 May 2010 08:34:46 GMT
On 5/15/10 10:15 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Let's add a comment into each empty catch block to describe why the
> exception is catched and not handled so another developer can see the
> reason.

I'm just wondering if the method signature is correct ? Why would we
throw an exception in the setSession() method ? Either the session is
null, and we should throw an IllegalArgumentException, or we should not
throw anything.

IMHO, the setSession() should not throw anything. In all case, the
concern Felix raised is interesting and should lead to some thoughts
about the cause of the concern, instead of shutting it down by adding
some log or some @suppressWarning, don't you think so ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,