directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intermediate reports of Shared-/Apacheds-Project
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 20:53:10 GMT
  As I was looking at the shared asn1.codec checkstyle errors, I think
we should tune it to remove useless errors :
- Line has trailing spaces
- Line is longer than 80 characters. (should set a new limit at 128...
We are not anymore using a VT100 terminal to code :)
- '{' should be on the previous line : In fact, we selected this format.
'{' must be on a new line.
- '(' is followed by whitespace. Again, this is a format choice. I would
rather get a warning if it's not the case
- ')' is preceded with whitespace. Same as above
- Parameter decoder should be final. I hate this constraints. I know
it's a kind of trick to protect the parameter from being modified inside
the method, but IMHO, it bloats the methods declaration Now, it may be
just me ...

I didn't checked all the reports, but if we tune CheckStyle to change
those parameters, we will have hundreds (thousands ?) or removed errors.

wdyt ?

On 5/14/10 10:05 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

--
Regards,
Cordialement,