directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add perf issues
Date Sun, 09 May 2010 16:46:29 GMT
 >> Welcome to my nightmare. ;)

>  I'm still looking for a fast/cheap index data structure that can be
>  sparsely populated, is lossless, and scales to billions of entries.
>  (Currently our index is fast/cheap but lossy. If you fill a slot with a
>  million entries and then remove every other one, it still records the slot
>  as containing a million entries. I.e. we really don't handle sparse indices
>  at those scales.)

What surprises me is that we were supposed to have solve this issue, by
using external subtrees (we were able to load 25 millions of entries in a
flat tree months ago).

I guess we have done some modification lately that broke this...

Regarding the other aspects of the problem, well, until we are able to
inject thousands of entries again, I must say that having a loseless index
is my last concern :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,