directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Search operation : some more speedup
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 09:13:26 GMT
Hi guys,

this morning, I was able to get an extra 3500 search/s on the
coreSession.search() operation : up to 21798 search request per second
from 18316 req/s yesterday.

This is a 2.8 times improvement since I started playing with Yourkit !

The same test done including the network layer (client + server) gives
3763 search per second. Considering that I'm just searching for a single
entry from its DN, with one single thread, I would be curious to know
what kind of numbers we can get with external injectors pounding the
server...

There are more to come, but it will be a bit more difficult. The three
things we can improve are :
- Avoid normalizing twice the same DN
- try to use a DN cache to avoid costly parsings
- try to avoid cloning the entry before returning it (this is probably
the major improvement, as cloning represents almost 40% of the consumed
time)

I will try to work on the first and third aspects, as they are easier to
implement.

More to come ...

--
Regards,