directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Search operation baseline
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 12:48:27 GMT
Hi guys,

after having checked the Lookup operation, I have done some measurement 
on the search operation. There is a lot of room for improvement.

As a baseline, I did a test involving a direct search of an entry, 
knowing its DN, wise an OBJECT scope, an (ObjectClass=*) filter, 
fetching all its user attributes (*). The base was empty (well, almost).

- when sending the search through the core-api, I got 8269 searches per 
second
- when sending the search through the client-api (ie, network involved), 
it's down to 2858 searches per second.

I know those numbers are awful, but anyway, it's just a baseline, not 
realistic, as we don't have any entry in the base. The idea is to be 
able to see the direct impact on any optimization done on the search 
request, as we did on the lookup operation.

I see no reason not to be able to get at least a 2 to 3 times faster 
search operation considering the kind of search we are doing.

Let's do it !

-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.nextury.com



Mime
View raw message