directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Attempt tp speed up simple searh request
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 23:13:07 GMT
Hi,

just a heads up : I tried to speed up a simple search request where the
search is with an Object scope, the filter is (ObjectClass=*), bt sadly
it has a negatve impact when the found entry is an alias.

We can workaround this special case, and make the search 30% faster,
it's just a matter of determinating that the found entry is an alias. In
this case, we just have to fallback to a normal search.

Now, we amso have to understand why the search operation is 5 times
slower than a lookup operation, when we do the exact same search. This
is what I'm going to investigate this week.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,