directory-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Berger <roland.ber...@exasoft.ch>
Subject CSV to LDIF
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 20:15:07 GMT
Hello

I was looking for a way to import my outlook addresses into an open ldap
server to be able to use evolution as an outlook replacement. There is
no easy and automatic way to do it so I started to think to write a csv
to ldif converter.
The basic idea is to have on one side the csv headers on the other side
attributes of some objectclasses defined in a schema and do the mapping
in an gui. Before starting to write my own ldif parser I'm sure you guys
have already done it. I have searched the apache ds websites but found
only little code which might be reusable to suite my idea. May be its
because apache ds is a huge project. Can anyone point me to the right
place to start reading and tell me if apache ds would be interested for
a contribution like this?

Thank you Roland