Dear Dirctory Developers,

Here is the new link for updated version of draft proposal for project idea "Object LDAP Persistence Tooling". Your comments are welcome and please be kind enogh to response as soon as possible because I have to submit this with in today to Google, officially.

Link : https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQJNUM5vqw27ZGM3a3BrcXZfMWR4N3Z4eGN4&hl=en
Thank you
Kasun Lakpriya

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
Kasun Lakpriya wrote:
> Dear Directory Developers,
>
> I created the draft proposal for "Object LDAP Persistence Tooling" which
> is described under jira(DIRSTUDIO-644). Please give your comments about
> this that I can make this proposal a much better one.
>
> Link to draft proposal :
> http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQJNUM5vqw27ZGM3a3BrcXZfMWR4N3Z4eGN4&hl=en
> <http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQJNUM5vqw27ZGM3a3BrcXZfMWR4N3Z4eGN4&hl=en>

Here are some points:

- Show the motiviation of the tooling. For example explain how difficult
it is for a developer to integrate an LDAP directory into an application
and how the new tooling can help.

- Explain the pitfalls. It won't be that easy to just right-click and
generate some code. Ask yourself how to handle non-simple types (lists,
sets, maps, references to other objects).

- in 'Community Interaction' you once wrote 'Apache Derby community' ;-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan