directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft project proposal for GSOC 2010 project: Object LDAP Persistence Tooling
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:15:03 GMT
Kasun Lakpriya wrote:
> Dear Directory Developers,
>
> I created the draft proposal for "Object LDAP Persistence Tooling" which
> is described under jira(DIRSTUDIO-644). Please give your comments about
> this that I can make this proposal a much better one.
>
> Link to draft proposal :
> http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQJNUM5vqw27ZGM3a3BrcXZfMWR4N3Z4eGN4&hl=en
> <http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQJNUM5vqw27ZGM3a3BrcXZfMWR4N3Z4eGN4&hl=en>

Here are some points:

- Show the motiviation of the tooling. For example explain how difficult
it is for a developer to integrate an LDAP directory into an application
and how the new tooling can help.

- Explain the pitfalls. It won't be that easy to just right-click and
generate some code. Ask yourself how to handle non-simple types (lists,
sets, maps, references to other objects).

- in 'Community Interaction' you once wrote 'Apache Derby community' ;-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan