directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sumit Goyal (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DIRAPI-7) Low performance on search operation compared to JNDI (around 5 times slower)
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 04:24:52 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-7?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12860650#action_12860650
] 

Sumit Goyal commented on DIRAPI-7:
----------------------------------

I believe the culprit behind the time difference is the logging output and the processing
wasted in it . Lot of logs with text below are printed while performing our test.

2010-04-24 21:23:16 Asn1Decoder [WARN] The PDU has been fully decoded but there are still
bytes in the buffer.
2010-04-24 21:23:16 Asn1Decoder [WARN] The PDU has been fully decoded but there are still
bytes in the buffer.

I ran your tests on my machine with logging disabled in log4j.properties; and the results
were comparable for both the tests.  Will debug further to see why these logging statements
are coming and if we can do something about them. 

I hope the information above was not redundant :(

> Low performance on search operation compared to JNDI (around 5 times slower)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DIRAPI-7
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-7
>             Project: Directory client API
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 0.2.0
>
>         Attachments: base.ldif, TestWithClientApi.java, TestWithJndi.java
>
>
> While playing with the Client API, I compared the performance of the same search to JNDI.
> With current code, the Client API is unfortunately 5 times slower.
> My test is pretty simple, I'm searching with a Subtree scope on 'dc=example,dc=com' partition
which holds 10 000 users.
> Here are the results:
> - JNDI:
>     Time to create the connection: 90
>     Time to perform the search: 4195
>     Time to close the connection: 1
>     Total time: 4286
> -Client API:
>     Time to create the connection: 399
>     Time to perform the search: 23417
>     Time to close the connection: 33
>     Total time: 23849
> Time is expressed as milliseconds.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message