directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:32:31 GMT
Keheliya Gallaba wrote at Dienstag, 2. März 2010 08:59:

> Sorry for troubling you again. But I found I have mistaken when
> entering the command for running the jar. I later entered the command
> " java ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT1.org.apache.ldap.proxy.gui.MainFrame "
>
> and got the result

> ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT1.org.apache.ldap.proxy.gui.MainFrame
>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
> ldap-proxy-0.2-SNAPSHOT1.org.apache.ldap.proxy.gui.MainFrame not found
> in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./],
> parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
>    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)
>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
>
> Please clarify me on the correct path I should have taken

Please have a look at the documentation for the command line options. You
either provide the jar and let java find itself the Main class from the
manifest or you provide the Main class yourself (like you did here) and java
must find the class in the provided classpath.

None of this have to do with Apache Directory though.

- Jörg