directory-dev mailing list archives

From Keheliya Gallaba <keheliya.gall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft Proposal for 'LDAP proxy GUI' Project Idea
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 04:50:49 GMT
Hi guys,

First of all thanx Stefan and Stefan ;-) for the quick yet informative
feedback. And thanks Lecharny and Marcelot for the support and ideas
for coming up with the proposal.

On 8 March 2010 19:40, Stefan Zoerner <stefan@labeo.de> wrote:
> Although you mention "debug purposes" in your Synopsis, I would emphasize
> this aspect a little bit more. It makes clear why there is real value for
> our users.

In my next revision of the document, as Zoerner mentioned I will
elaborate more on the benefits of the Proxy GUI and specially about
the use cases of it as a debugging tool.

On 8 March 2010 22:15, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> - The latest LDAP RFC are 4510-4519. If you want to study RFCs please
> check out those.
>
> - As a design goal I think it would be nice to separate the proxy core
> (the part doing the network communication and stores logs) from the GUI
> part. This would make it possible to reuse the proxy core for a proxy
> service. I don't think that you need to implement a separate service and
> a communication protocol to the GUI. Additional such separation makes it
> easier to write unit test.

And as Seelmann said, I will refer the new RFCs.
+1 for the Proxy Core and GUI separation idea. It will be a good
architecture and will make things easy for expansion and testing. I
will revise the document illustrating the proposed architecture.

Eagerly looking forward for more feedback...

Best Regards
--
Keheliya Gallaba
http://galpotha.wordpress.com