directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Considering the Nexus repository infrastructure for our future releases?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:22:33 GMT
fwiw we do this with jetty and its awesome...

the support for staging is awesome...makes life and votes and things
like that very simple

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:41, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to propose that we use Apache's Nexus repository infrastructure to release our
future versions on Maven repositories.
> It's used by a large number of Maven based Apache projects now, and it's the recommended
way of uploading releases to Maven Repositories, as described on the "Releasing A Maven Project"
Guide [1].

> I think we've reach the limit with deployments on people.apache.org... My last deployment
of Studio for version 1.5.2 took more than four hours (!!).

> I talked with Chris Custine on that subject and we would probably have a much better
performance with Nexus. It also have pretty neat features like stagging that would allow us
to upload artifacts and approve (or deny) them later, which could be interesting when voting
a release.

> However, there's seem to be one "drawback" in the fact that once the project is moved
to Nexus, deployment on people.apache.org are disabled. All deployments must be done on Nexus.
> More information on this on this at INFRA-1896 [2].
>
> I would really like that we discuss that all together and maybe we could launch a vote
to move to Nexus after this discussion.