directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search performance
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 12:01:58 GMT
Wow this is horrendous - what's the cause of this any idea? We were at
5000K searches per second before.

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi dev,
>
> for the ApacheDS 1.5.6 release I created the installers and tested the zip
> archive.
>
> I injected an ou and 10000 inetOrgPerson entries [1]. When I run the
> following ldapsearch command it takes approx. one second to get a result:
>
> ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret -b
> "dc=example,dc=com" -s sub "(uid=user.9999)"
>
> I also used the searchrate tool from slamd and I only get 1 search per
> second:
>
> ./searchrate.sh -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret -b
> "dc=example,dc=com" -s sub -f "(uid=user.9999)" -t 1
>
>
> Then I tried to tune the server: I set -Xmx1024m to give it more Ram. And I
> increased the cache size in server.xml [2]. However with searchrate I still
> don't get more then 3 searches per second.
>
>
> I hope that I just forgot some additional tuning parameter.
>
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan
>
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~seelmann/com-example-10000.ldif.gz (1MB!)
> [2] http://pastebin.com/xMjR9zrK
>



-- 
Alex Karasulu
My Blog :: http://www.jroller.com/akarasulu/
Apache Directory Server :: http://directory.apache.org
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Mime
View raw message