directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: A question regarding "org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper" class
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:27:45 GMT
Hi Michal,

I don't know exactly why our implementation does this. Stefan Seelmann, who implemented this
part will probably have the good answer to this question.

However I came across the same problem you're experiencing with JNDI Connection pool on some
client work.
I figured out the connection was not released back to the pool because some of the Naming
Enumerations I got from the connection were not explicitly closed.
You should make that you close all your Naming Enumerations

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 10 mars 2010, at 16:03, Michal Lefler wrote:

> Hi.
> I was using JNDI, and I noticed that if I use JNDI connection pooling, "ctx.close()"
does not release the context back to the pool unless I execute "System.gc()" explicitly.
> I looked at your " JNDIConnectionWrapper" class as a reference, and I saw that your "disconnect"
method also executes "System.gc()".