directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Switching to Apache's Nexus repository infrastructure for next releases of the Directory project
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:32:08 GMT
Thanks Chris,

These are links I came across when evaluating the move to Nexus.

Let me add another one (pretty similar to the Felix release management process):
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html

This link is the recommended path for releasing Maven based projects at Apache.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 29 mars 2010, at 21:38, Chris Custine wrote:

> Just realized I didn't send the link with the release vote and verification scripts.
>
> http://markmail.org/thread/dobcq3pajdlr2h2s
>
> Chris
> --
> Chris Custine
> FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com
> My Blog :: http://blog.organicelement.com
> Apache ServiceMix :: http://servicemix.apache.org
> Apache Felix :: http://felix.apache.org
>

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Chris Custine <chris.custine@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> We are using Nexus Staging for Felix and ServiceMix (have been for about 6 months) so
I have attached some links below that might help.  FWIW, this really simplifies staging, voting,
and moving to maven central to the point where its a no-brainer.  You won't be disappointed!

> http://felix.apache.org/site/release-management-nexus.html
> http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/staging.html
>
> Also, we have developed a script to download the numbered staging repo and verify signatures
etc, of the artifacts.  You should check out this recent vote email for Karaf for the svn
link to the staging script, and then you can modify it to suit you.  BTW, one thing people
overlook is that since the staging repo is a full maven repo with just your release artifacts
in it, you can add it to your settings.xml or a test project and try to use it in a project,
just make sure you use a temporary maven.repo.local setting or clea out your default repo
if you cancel the build and stage another vote!

> Hope this helps!
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Custine
> FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com
> My Blog :: http://blog.organicelement.com
> Apache ServiceMix :: http://servicemix.apache.org
> Apache Felix :: http://felix.apache.org

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to let you know that I did a little test this morning.
>
> I deployed artifacts from a testing project with multiple sub-projects.
> Everything went fine and I was able to deploy the artifacts on Nexus.
> Once on Nexus, I had the choice to drop the deployed artifacts or promote them to the
main repository.
> I dropped them since they were only here for testing purposes.
>
> We are currenlty finishing the work on the 1.5.3 release of Studio and will probably
be ready to propose a vote today.
> We will use the Nexus for voting this release and we'll update the release documentation
once the process is completely validated.

> Is there some documentation in existence for this and/or can we update our deployment
wiki page to show people how to deploy using nexus.  If anything maybe we can add a link etc.
Just asking cuz I want to be able to use this later but don't have the brain cycles now to
figure it out.

> Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 29 mars 2010, at 09:36, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Jira issue has been resolved.
> >
> > Now, we NEED to deploy everything using Nexus and DO NOT deploy anything at the
old location on people.apache.org.

> > Thanks,
> > Pierre-Arnaud
> >

> > On 26 mars 2010, at 10:19, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> >
> >> FYI, now that Apache DS is released, I opened a Jira for our move to Nexus.
> >>
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2574
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Pierre-Arnaud

to create a Jira as sub-task of INFRA-1896 [1].

closed and the artifacts released before asking to move to Nexus ?

the next releases of the Directory project