directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3 release very soon?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:52:12 GMT
Hi,

We've had a little convo with Stefan S. yesterday and we think it would be time to release
Apache Directory 1.5.3 very soon.

Apache Directory Studio 1.5.2 has been out since december 2009 and important (even some critical)
bugs have been fixed since then.

We only have 4 issues left on the 1.5.3 roadmap (out of 29) on Jira [1] and we'll be working
on them today and this week-end.

We expect to launch a vote at the end of the week-end or on monday night.

Thoughts?

Once 1.5.3 is released, I'd propose that we create a 1.5.x branch for maintenance release
and that we move the trunk to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
This way, we would be able to integrate the latest version of shared which will probably cause
a lot of refactoring due to the recent and still ongoing works.
We could also start to integrate the use of the Client API as a replacement of JNDI (maybe
with ability to switch back to JNDI in the preferences, since the Client API is still 'experimental').

Thoughts?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel