directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to register a new AttributeType within an interceptor's startup?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:45:02 GMT
hi Alan,

On 3/19/10 8:42 PM, Alan Hazelton wrote:
> I have written an interceptor that makes use of a custom AttributeType
> and it works fine when I manually import that AttributeType via an ldif
> import. I want to make my interceptor more robust by automatically
> registering the AttributeType on startup if it is not yet defined. I
> tried the code below but I get a
> "javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Directory service is not
> started." error when I add the entry. What is the correct way to add a
> new AttributeType within an interceptor?

the as the exception says the DirectoryService is *yet* to be started
cause it is still in the initialization mode.

One way to make sure your entry gets registered automatically after
startup is to use the DirectoryService.setTestEntries() method passing
the new AttributeType definition as a LdifEntry.

HTH

Kiran Ayyagari