directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft Proposal for 'LDAP proxy GUI' Project Idea
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:45:24 GMT
Hi Keheliya,

some feedback from my side:

- The latest LDAP RFC are 4510-4519. If you want to study RFCs please
check out those.

- As a design goal I think it would be nice to separate the proxy core
(the part doing the network communication and stores logs) from the GUI
part. This would make it possible to reuse the proxy core for a proxy
service. I don't think that you need to implement a separate service and
a communication protocol to the GUI. Additional such separation makes it
easier to write unit test.

Looking forward to working with you :-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan Seelmann