directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Search performance
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 11:54:33 GMT
Hi dev,

for the ApacheDS 1.5.6 release I created the installers and tested the 
zip archive.

I injected an ou and 10000 inetOrgPerson entries [1]. When I run the 
following ldapsearch command it takes approx. one second to get a result:

ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret -b 
"dc=example,dc=com" -s sub "(uid=user.9999)"

I also used the searchrate tool from slamd and I only get 1 search per 
second:

./searchrate.sh -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret 
-b "dc=example,dc=com" -s sub -f "(uid=user.9999)" -t 1


Then I tried to tune the server: I set -Xmx1024m to give it more Ram. 
And I increased the cache size in server.xml [2]. However with 
searchrate I still don't get more then 3 searches per second.


I hope that I just forgot some additional tuning parameter.


Kind Regards,
Stefan


[1] http://people.apache.org/~seelmann/com-example-10000.ldif.gz (1MB!)
[2] http://pastebin.com/xMjR9zrK

Mime
View raw message