directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot>
Subject Considering the Nexus repository infrastructure for our future releases?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:41:46 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'd like to propose that we use Apache's Nexus repository infrastructure to release our future
versions on Maven repositories.
It's used by a large number of Maven based Apache projects now, and it's the recommended way
of uploading releases to Maven Repositories, as described on the "Releasing A Maven Project"
Guide [1].

I think we've reach the limit with deployments on My last deployment
of Studio for version 1.5.2 took more than four hours (!!).

I talked with Chris Custine on that subject and we would probably have a much better performance
with Nexus. It also have pretty neat features like stagging that would allow us to upload
artifacts and approve (or deny) them later, which could be interesting when voting a release.

However, there's seem to be one "drawback" in the fact that once the project is moved to Nexus,
deployment on are disabled. All deployments must be done on Nexus.
More information on this on this at INFRA-1896 [2].

I would really like that we discuss that all together and maybe we could launch a vote to
move to Nexus after this discussion.

[1] -
[2] -
View raw message