directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bind Request processing
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:00:20 GMT
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> as I'm writing thorough tests for the BindRequest operation using the new
> LDAP API, I'm also reviewing the way ADS handle this operation. I already
> found some issues, and I'm sure there are more.
>
> I have one question regarding BindOperation done while we have some other
> operations being processed: what should we do ? RFC 4511 says (4.2.1) :
>
> "Before processing a BindRequest, all uncompleted operations MUST either
> complete or be abandoned".

> What do we want to implement ? Complete current operations or abandon all of
> them?

Why not both? Let's make this a configuration parameter on the BindHandler.

WDYT?

> IMO, I would rather adopt strategy #2 (abandon all) as we may have a
> PersistentSearch running, and it can't be completed. Also is simpler to
> implement, as we have a list of all the pending operations.

PSearch is a special case because it will never complete.  If the
complete all outstanding operations option is used then we should just
abandon the PSearch but wait for all other operations to complete.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org