directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory on VMBuild
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:14:44 GMT

On 25/02/2010, at 7:48 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> Stefan Seelmann schrieb:
>> Hi Brett,

>>> Well, it's just running Maven 2.2.1 on JDK 5 as an external process with the
following:

>>> mvn -Dintegration -B clean deploy
>>>
>>> Should that work?
>> I tested this and also a simple "mvn clean install" using Java 5 (1.5.0_14) on Ubuntu
9.10 and I get the same error. Using Java 6 the build works fine.
>> Let's figure out what's the problem with Java 5. Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Ok, this issue should be fixed. We analyze the stack trace and at least with Sun 1.5.0_14
64bit there is an additional stack trace element at index 0:
>  java.lang.Thread.dumpThreads(Native Method)
>

> Unfortunately, now the core-integ tests are failing with Java5:
>
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
>
> I think the problem here is that there are some *.bytecode files that are loaded and
they seem to be compiled with Java6.

Thanks Stefan!

So for now I'll leave the Directory builds to do their thing on JDK 5. If you need help reconfiguring
it to use JDK 6 or some other issues, please just drop us a note at builds@apache.org (I'm
not typically subscribed to this list).

Cheers,
Brett