directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory on VMBuild
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:09:32 GMT

On 25/02/2010, at 3:00 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 2/24/10 4:36 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>> Hi Apache Directory Developers,
>>
>> I'm currently going through the list of projects running builds on vmbuild.apache.org
and removing those that are no longer used (and helping those that want to get theirs working).
I noticed Directory has some projects that have been failing due to...

>> Test failures:
>> http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/surefireReport.action?buildId=288124&projectGroupId=139&projectId=1501#org.apache.directory.server.core.factory.DirectoryServiceAnnotationTest
>>
>> Missing snapshot:
>> http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResult.action?buildId=288127&projectGroupId=139&projectId=1589&projectName=ApacheDS+Installers+Parent
>>
>> Please let me know if you need any help resolving the issues, or if you no longer
want to use VMBuild so we can free up the resources.

> It's most certainly a problem when using annotations and reflection with continuum, as
we don't have the same problem when running standalone unit tests or tests in hudson.

on the class, and if we don't find any @ associated with any method (this is the case), then
we try to grab the class @, which exists in this specific test. However, on continuum, it
seems that it does not find the @, thus call the method with null, leading with a NPE.

> So not our fault, may be a class loader problem is musing around ...

Well, it's just running Maven 2.2.1 on JDK 5 as an external process with the following:

mvn -Dintegration -B clean deploy

Should that work?

Anyway, that didn't answer my question about whether you are monitoring the result and wish
to continue using it :)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter