directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Directory on VMBuild
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 00:12:14 GMT
On 2/25/10 12:14 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
> On 25/02/2010, at 7:48 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>

>> Stefan Seelmann schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi Brett,

>>> I tested this and also a simple "mvn clean install" using Java 5 (1.5.0_14) on
Ubuntu 9.10 and I get the same error. Using Java 6 the build works fine.
>>> Let's figure out what's the problem with Java 5. Thanks for the pointer.
>>>
>> Ok, this issue should be fixed. We analyze the stack trace and at least with Sun
1.5.0_14 64bit there is an additional stack trace element at index 0:
>>   java.lang.Thread.dumpThreads(Native Method)
>>

>> Unfortunately, now the core-integ tests are failing with Java5:
>>
>> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
>>
>> I think the problem here is that there are some *.bytecode files that are loaded
and they seem to be compiled with Java6.

> Thanks Stefan!
>
> So for now I'll leave the Directory builds to do their thing on JDK 5. If you need help
reconfiguring it to use JDK 6 or some other issues, please just drop us a note at builds@apache.org
(I'm not typically subscribed to this list).

Thanks Stefan... I was so damn wrong :/

Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny